diumenge, 5 d’agost del 2012

The never ending scarf part III

I have been knitting this scarf off and on, since April.  I learned this pattern from a fellow knitter friend last October, while sitting and spinning/knitting with the fellow lilies at the National City Train Depot.   Although I do not know the name of this pattern, it is still my favorite at this moment in time.  Sort of feathery, and the mistakes hide very well.  



I started knitting this with one small ball of yarn, then ran out and had to start with a second ball.  This afternoon I started at it again, and decided  that I want to make this a long scarf (to wrap around my head, of course).  So, naturally, as I ran out of the second ball, I had to switch to a third.  I could never have planned how beautiful this would turn out, and this is a great reminder to me to always be adaptable, flexible, and to go with the flow.  You can never plan fun.  And beautiful things are born usually with little effort, and lot of patience.  

Once again I find myself mezmorized by the colors that I dyed- there are so many hidden in here I cannot begin to list them all.  When I dye wool I always write down the colors and repeats that I chose, as well as the way I dyed it.  If I remember correctly, all of this yarn was "painted" using the sponge method.  And every color in my dye stash is present here.  With a three ply yarn one can never go wrong, and this scarf will last forever, as a three ply cord is not easily broken.

Dave- I know you are reading this- and I hope you enjoy.  We should meet up soon, until then email me your favorite colors and I will start on something for you.  Can't guarantee it will be ready anytime soon, but nevertheless...  let me know.  Also- I won't be at RBD this year :(  Wish I could....  I do hope you have fun in Montana...  Just let me know when you get back from the wedding?

Here is one more pic of the scarf, you can see more of it in this one...  And, Kevin says hi everyone.  He has been sick the past 2 days and is slowly getting over his summer cold.  Luckily he is a trooper.  Fingers crossed I don't catch it.  

Hope to finish this never ending scarf part III by the end of the.....  summer?  By the way, this is the third scarf I have knit using this pattern.  Second one is also almost complete.  More later on that one.  From the yarn fairy.