dimarts, 17 de juliol del 2012

Floppy Beret and Skinny Scarf


I had made this yarn some time ago, perhaps in late December of 2011.  Using combed USA top from Village Spinning and Weaving that I dyed with mostly hunter green, with some yellow,  and I plied it with more combed top that I dyed plum mixed with copenhagen blue (and a little royal blue because I couldn't help myself).  I also spun some raw wool that I got from my friend Lorraine's sheep, I washed it and hand carded, and plyed it with some gold.  I also mixed in some little flecks of gold & bronze to add some sparkle.  Here is the skein of yarn after I soaked it to set the twist and it dried, very funky:


I was home about 6 weeks ago visiting family, and for a beautiful wedding reception for an old wonderful friend, Ann, and her new sweet hubby Jarrod.  Congratulations to Dr. Jarrod Smith :)  Well done.  I must admit, I enjoyed myself very much with these old friends, and also enjoyed the weekend with with my grandmother - grandma Camilla, who is a long time knitter/crocheter.  I mentioned this before on a previous post, she wanted me to bring her some of my handspun yarn, so I did....  and she is currently working on making me a hat.  I brought her some extra yarn (of course...) and while I was in Yankton I got in touch with my dear friend Joe Yaggie, and after a late night rendezvous I tracked him down the next day at Majestic Bluffs and dropped off some yarn for him to have some fun with.  I ended up giving him the same green/gold/white/plum yarn that is pictured above.  He is a very creative and cheerful person, and someone who makes me smile no matter what!  So, today I come home from another crazy day at work, and what do I find in the mailbox???  Joseph W. Yaggie Originals:


Joe also made me a skinny scarf, and I temporarily tied it on my fiddle case as a strap, but now am hesitant because it is so pretty I don't dare stretch it out.  Will make for a nice belt, too.  Here is a picture of the hat next to the fiddle case with the skinny scarf draped through.  The hat has a cute flower, which comes off if I chose to take it off.  I could pin it on my shirt or jacket...  I am in love with it!


On to make more yarn, after dinner with the boys.