No one reads my blog, except for a brilliant CBS editor... But anaway, here I go!
This weekend was very productive around the house, and with friends. Enjoyed hiking at Torrey Pines North Extension, and on the beach at Torrey Pines, did some yard work in the mornings (too much perhaps). Delicious food all around, and now finally sitting down to relax with a hard apple cider. On to today, Sontag. Today has brought the usual putzing around. I made it a point to get a new book, to weave a little, to make pancakes, not drink too much coffee (it is Sontag, for crying out loud), and I even squeezed in a little nap after visiting with my grandmother who told me that she finished the hat she knit for me. She said she put a darling little flower on it! Besides all of that I still wanted to keep myself out of trouble and off of the streets, so, I also made a point to dye some prepared top. And, instead of working upstairs, I brought just what I needed downstairs, and dyed in the kitchen down here. I kept the front door open to air out the wonderful vinegar smell.
Kevin helped me with my indecisiveness as I struggled to pick out the right colors to dye with. Usually picking the colors is not a problem for me, and I don't even have to think much about it. But, today for some reason it was a little bit harder to decide. So, I let Kevin pick. He picked Scarlet Red and Gold.
Here it was cooking.
And, here after it is done cooking.
And the second and final rinses.
Not much of the color bled in the rinse, so that is good. But, I still wish they were more colorful. Maybe I need to lower my expectations, and perhaps I can ply this with something bolder and it will be just fine.
I am happier with it as it is drying.
Here is some three-ply yarn that I finished the other week. Plum, Plum & Scarlet, and Gold. Turned out beautifully. I made quite a lot of it, and will hang it by the kitchen window until I decide what it shall become.
Here is Kevin at the beach, and one of his drawings in the sand. He wrote "No fireworks" I think he remembers a new sign that we saw in the forest from camping last weekend. Or else he heard us talking again about how unfortunate it was that all of the 15 minutes of fireworks went off around San Diego Bay within less than 20 seconds this year. Oops, maybe someone hit their big butt on the switches. At least now I know we didn't have the movie turned up to loud, we were watching Mouse Trap and I thought we missed the fireworks show and only heard the finale. Good to know I'm not losing it!
I am happier with it as it is drying.
Here is some three-ply yarn that I finished the other week. Plum, Plum & Scarlet, and Gold. Turned out beautifully. I made quite a lot of it, and will hang it by the kitchen window until I decide what it shall become.
Now off to make some bow-tie pasta with no sauce, the way Kevin likes it. Have some dough that I will bake, with some garlic on top. And if the basil is still fresh enough it will accompany the garlic.
Here is Kevin at the beach, and one of his drawings in the sand. He wrote "No fireworks" I think he remembers a new sign that we saw in the forest from camping last weekend. Or else he heard us talking again about how unfortunate it was that all of the 15 minutes of fireworks went off around San Diego Bay within less than 20 seconds this year. Oops, maybe someone hit their big butt on the switches. At least now I know we didn't have the movie turned up to loud, we were watching Mouse Trap and I thought we missed the fireworks show and only heard the finale. Good to know I'm not losing it!
| no *fireworks. |